12 Month Business Rates Holiday for Retail/ Leisure/ Hospitality and Nursery Businesses
The following information is based on the information publishes as of 26 March. It is intended as an indication of how the scheme will work, as no detailed guidance issued yet.
The Government introduced a business rates holiday for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses in England for the 2020 to 2021 tax year.
You are eligible for the business rates holiday if:
- your business is based in England
- your business is in the retail, hospitality and/or leisure sector
Properties that will benefit from the relief will be occupied properties that are wholly or mainly being used:
- as shops, restaurants, cafes, drinking establishments, cinemas and live music venues
- for assembly and leisure
- for hospitality, as hotels, guest & boarding premises or self-catering accommodation
How to Access the Scheme
You don't need to take action. If you were already issued with a bill for 2020/21 year, local authorities may have to reissue your bill to provide this support.
Nursery Businesses that pay Business Rates
Business ratres holiday will also apply for nurseries in England for the 2020 to 2021 tax year.
Properties that will benefit from the relief will be:
- occupied by providers on Ofsted’s Early Years Register
- wholly or mainly used for the provision of the Early Years Foundation Stage
If someone texts, calls or emails claiming to be from HMRC, saying that you can claim financial help or are owed a tax refund, and asks you to click on a link or to give information such as your name, credit card or bank details, it is a SCAM.